IP Classroom Speaker – Clock for School PA Systems
The 8190 is a versatile PoE wide-band speaker-clock that is a compliant 3rd party SIP endpoint. The product is designed for public address (PA) voice paging and emergency alerting, and is compatible with most hosted / cloud and premise-based VoIP telephone systems. Although the 8190 is most suited for education, the speaker can also be deployed in any application environment requiring crisp clear audio with high visibility clock (e.g. manufacturing / plant / utility, government, healthcare, transport terminals, etc.). The 8190S model offers discrete LEDs including amber, blue, green and red (+ white using RGB) for visual alerting of safety, security and emergency events.
Instead of one speaker, the 8190 is built using a four-speaker line array which provides asymmetric sound dispersion for improved sound distribution in classrooms and other environments from a wall mounted position. Wideband G.722 HD codec support provides high intelligibility voice paging and notification alerting. This improves the speaker’s STI-PA intelligibility scores, which is important in meeting NFPA 72 requirements and the NEMA SB-40 standard for emergency communication in education.
Multiple SIP extensions can be configured for Page, Emergency Alert and Ring. On Page, the speaker will auto-answer for making PA announcements. On Ring and Emergency Alert extensions the speaker will play a configurable WAV file stored in the device memory, including ring tones for telephone alerting, notification alerts and informational announcements.
The 8190 supports multicast receive to permit deployment of many endpoints to cover a building, campus or enterprise. The 8190 can be combined with any number of other Algo IP speakers, paging adopters and strobe lights, in addition to multicast supported IP telephones. Compatible multicast formats supported include RTP, Polycom Group Page and InformaCast. Together with the Algo 8301 Paging Adapter & Scheduler, a school-wide PA system with multiple zones and bell scheduler can be easily configured.
An integrated microphone will monitor and adapt the speaker’s volume to ambient noise levels. This means announcements and bell tones are always heard but never too loud. The microphone can also be enabled for hands-free talk back with the integrated back-lit call button.
The speaker includes an integrated digital clock which automatically synchronizes with network time. For maximum contrast, the digits are 2.3” tall and illuminated white on a black background and dimmable.
The 8190 is a self-amplified speaker. The endpoint is powered via PoE (IEEE 802.3af or the recommended PoE+ 802.3at). A wall mount bracket is included. The product is CSA/UL, FCC and CE certified.
- Superb audio clarity and intelligibility; four-speaker line array with asymmetric sound dispersion for improved sound distribution
- Integrated speaker, clock and call button for suitability in a classroom setting, or additionally with an LED visual alert to meet enhanced emergency notification requirements
- Network managed and supervised SIP and multicast endpoint
- PoE (IEEE 802.3af or the recommended PoE+ 802.3at) for plug and play network connectivity – no additional amplifier is required
- Eliminates narrow-band FXS port or ATA
- Multi-functional speaker for voice paging, emergency notification and ring alerting. Easily integrates with the Algo 8301 for automating playing tones and announcements for scheduled events
- Wide-band G.722 codec support for HD Voice
- Multicast receive capability for cost effective scalability – mix with any number and variety of Algo speakers, strobes and paging adaptors for more comprehensive PA and alerting solution requirements
- Supports RTP, Polycom Group Page and InformaCast multicast types
- SIP compatibility with all leading UC vendors including: Avaya, Broadsoft, Cisco, Digium/Asterisk, Mitel, Metaswitch, NEC, Polycom and Yealink to name a few
- Configurable through web interface
- Auto-provisioning (i.e., TFTP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS). Also supported: TLS & SRTP (secure SIP signalling and media), SIP over TCP (allows increased packet size over UDP), DNS SRV Record, and CDP/LLDP automatic VLAN assignment.
- SNMP supervision or via the Algo 8300 Controller
- Internal memory of 1GB for uploading custom WAV files or recorded messages
- Multiple SIP registrations for Ring (10), Emergency Alert (10) and Page (1) extensions
- Programmable relay (dry contact) output
- Programmable relay (dry contact) input for use with 1202 and 1203 illuminated and supervised wall buttons
- High contrast clock which automatically synchronizes with network time and backlit call button
- Four discrete LEDs including amber, blue, green and red (+ white using RGB) with configurable flash patterns and intensities in 8190S model
- UL/CSA, FCC and CE certified
- Dimensions: 8.25″ (21cm) D x 16″ (40.6cm) H x 3.0″ (7.6cm) D
- IP speaker-clock for education and other suitable environments such as manufacturing/plant/utility, government, healthcare, transport terminals, etc.
- Multicast PA announcements to many speaker endpoints for emergency and non-emergency applications. Using the 8190S model audible emergency notification alerts can be aligned with a visual alert color (e.g., Amber – Shelter, Blue – Medical, Green – Evacuate, Red – Lockdown, White – All Clear, etc.)
- OSHA compliance
- Scheduled or automated announcements. Using the Algo 8301 to multicast, announcements/tones can be played over any model of Algo IP speaker. For example, school (i.e., class changes, recess, playing an anthem, etc.), retail and healthcare announcements (i.e., store closing, visiting hours, etc.), and workplace shift changes, breaks, etc.
- Combine with all variety of Algo visual and audible IP endpoints to create more comprehensive notification alerting solutions
|SIP Classroom Speaker-Clock (availability TBA)
|SIP Classroom Speaker-Clock with Visual Alerter (availability TBA)
||PoE IEEE 802.3af or 802.3at (PoE+ recommended)
(Max 30W) – Idle nominal 2.0W without clock active
||Registration options for Page (1) with or without hands-free talkback, Emergency Alert (10) and Ring (10) extensions
UDP, TCP, TLS, RTP, SRTP
||Receive only; RTP, Polycom Group Page, InformaCast
||G.711 A-law, G.711 u-law, G.722 Wideband
||Web interface or provisioning server
||TFTP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS
DHCP Options 66, 150, 160
Reboot via SIP check-sync
||IPv4, DHCP, VLAN, MDNS
||STUN, TURN, CRLF Keep Alive, SIP Outbound
||DNS, SRV Record
||Secondary and tertiary SIP server
||NTP Server (up to four)
||High impact UV stabilized flame retardant plastic – light grey with concealed metal mounting bracket (included)
||Call SIP Extension
||4 Element wideband array Neodymium
||98 dB SPL @ 1m
||100 – 15,000 Hz +/- 3dB
||140 deg H x 25 deg V (-6dB 2 kHz)
Talkback and ambient noise monitoring
||1 GByte audio storage
||Max 6.5 kOhm external resistance
Compatible with 1202 and 1203 Call Buttons, as well as 1204 Ten-Step Volume Control
||Normally open or normally closed dry contact 50mA 30V maximum
Activation event configurable
||8190S model – Four discrete colored Cree LEDs per side (ABGR)
||White LED 2.25” (57.2 mm) H
||Indoor 32 to +104 deg F (0 to +40 deg C)
||8.25” W x 16” H x 3” D
21.0 cm W x 40.6 cm H x 7.6 cm D
||Wall mount metal bracket with anti-tamper screws included
Concealed wiring or surface conduit (1/2”)
||9.2 lb (4.2Kg)
||EN60950:2001, IEEE 802.3-2008, RFC3261, RoHS, CE, FCC Class A, CISPR 22 Class A, CISPR 24, CSA/UL (USA & Canada)